Chiang Mai International Festival 2019
A magical moment once a year
One of the biggest ceremony of the Kindgdom will start soon : Loy Krathong.
Duting these 3 days (11th of November to 13th of November), Chiang Mai also celebrate the Yee Peng Festival, who consists about releasing paper lanterns in the night sky. These releases will happen during the 3 days in the old city, but a big launch is planned to make of this celebration an absolute magical moment.
This big launch is called Yee Peng Lanna International 2019 and take place outside of the old city.
It is one of the most famous celebration in the world, so the seat are limited!
Date of the 2 launchs ar on the November 11th and 12th 2019
What is Yee Peng Festival?
Every year in whole Thailand take place the Loy Krathong Festival.
The traditional festival of lights and lanterns is one of the most beautiful and popular in Thailand. At the end of the rainy season, on the moonlit evening of the 12th lunar month, Loy Krathong is celebrated throughout Thailand, especially near the stream and by the sea.
Thais honored Mae Khongkha, a sort of Hindu goddess of the waters, and spirits of the waters, who play a significant role in the life of the country. They implore forgiveness for the pollution of rivers and streams, and ask for leniency for beautiful crops.
People make krathongs or flower boats, tiny boats made from banana leaves. Their shape evokes the lotus flower. Place a lighted candle, incense and flowers. The Thais put these little candles on the rivers, as well as the khongs to exorcise their faults and grudges. They also chase the worries of everyday life in the sky of heavenly lanterns. A show of beauty in the night.
- If you book transportation with us: 16:00 at Maya Shopping Mall OR at Art in Paradise
- 17:00 Arrive at Northern Study Center. Please plan your trip in order to arrive at the event one hour before the ceremony starts (before 20:00)
- 18:30 Welcome all guests to the event
- 19:00 Enjoy authentic Lanna Thai Snacks, desserts and soft beverages. All you can eat buffet!
- 20:00 Enjoy seeing Lanna & Thai culture exhibition and dance show, float banana leaf and flower krathong in the Pond
- 21:00 All guests and visitors enter in the ceremony area
- 21:15 Chanting and meditation before releasing sky lanterns
- 21:30 Sky lanterns releasing ceremony to pay homage to the load Buddha (1 person = 2 lanterns)
- 22:00 End of ceremony
Book the Lantern Festival
Tickets available here for Chiang Mai 2019
Limited seats, secure yours now!